Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Information
Auto insurance is required by most states and can provide financial protection after an accident. At Granite Risk Advisors LLC, we want to help you with your auto insurance needs.
What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Questions to ask your agent
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
Auto Insurance Coverage
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Auto insurance can help cover some of the out-of-pocket expenses you may face following an event or loss up to the limits of your policy. If you’re involved in an accident or your vehicle gets damaged, you may have to cover significant repair costs if you’re not adequately insured. Depending on your policy details, you may also need to pay a deductible before insurance kicks in.
Your coverage depends on the type of policy you select. While some coverages may be required under law or by your lender if you have financed or leased your vehicle, other coverage types may be optional. Different policies you can purchase are listed and may include the following:
Get Started with Auto Insurance
Liability insurance. Most states, including Georgia, require drivers to carry minimum amounts liability coverage. Liability insurance can help pay for bodily injury and property damage for which you or another covered person under your policy is legally responsible.
- Collision insurance. This coverage helps pay for physical damage to your vehicle caused by an impact on another vehicle or object (not an animal collision, which is generally covered by comprehensive insurance).
- Comprehensive insurance. This coverage helps pay for damage to your vehicle from non-collision mishaps, such as weather damage, fires, theft, vandalism or similar accidents.
- Medical payments coverage. This coverage can help pay your medical bills if you get hurt in an accident, regardless of who is at fault for the accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance. This coverage helps protect you against losses caused by someone else who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage. If you are the victim of a hit-and-run accident, for example, then this coverage can help pay for your car’s damage. Or if you’re in an accident caused by another party and the damage to your vehicle exceeds the other party’s liability limits, the insurance may help cover the difference.
At Granite Risk Advisors, LLC, our agents are here to help you navigate your auto coverage. Reach out to an agent to start with auto insurance coverage today.